Friday 22 June 2007

My Class Blog v Bebo

Last weekend I attended the the annual prom with my Primary 7 class. I did not bother to take a camera as I knew that there would be no shortage of children taking photos.
As in previous years, I expected a deluge of photos in school on the Monday which I intended to put on the class blog but none came.
By the Thursday I was very puzzled and asked the children where they were. 'They're on my Bebo!' was the chorus.
Mmmm! Didn't think they were old enough!

3 comments:

Ewan McIntosh said...

The age kids start on Bebo is generally eight. If the kids are in P7 I'm not surprised that whole classes will follow the same network (Bebo, MSN Spaces...) Funny how things change so quickly, though. Next year there'll be another network they'll want to use. Thanks for sharing this

Anonymous said...

Yes and it makes sense that they would put photos of their night out on Bebo. The class blog and their superclubsplus sites are for school and Bebo is obviously where they want to go after school.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley...

I found exactly the same thing on my recent French trip. I was all set to see the kids commenting like mad, only to find that they'd gone 'off-site' and were Bebo=ing like mad.

As Ewan points out, their choice of network will change... MySpace is rapidly becoming passé as Facebook takes over.